Whether you're relocating abroad or just need your car waiting for you at your end destination, you need to be sure that you can trust your transportation company with your pride and joy. But when you're browsing online or consulting the trusty yellow pages, how can you make sure that you're choosing the right classic car transportation company? There are some aspects of a transportation company that makes them stand out from the crowd. After all, you need to remember; this isn't just any car they're transporting.
- First of all, always check that the transport company you choose has specialist transport. An enclosed carrier is nearly always best because otherwise, you risk the car getting scratched by stones and tarmac that are loose. If your classic car hasn't been worked on yet, then an open carrier might be suitable if you're not worried about scratches, but those wishing to stay cautious should opt for something enclosed.
- Secondly, look for a company that has experience of transporting classic cars. Every car is different and some need extra care if they are very fragile. An experienced company won't need as much guidance on how to take care of the vehicle while it's in their possession. Transport companies near me that specialize in classic car transportation are more likely to be able to offer the best possible service for you and your car.
- Finally, as always, shop around. Make sure that you don't get ripped off and if a company is charging more, ask them what you are paying for. They should be able to break it down for you so that you can be sure that if you're paying for quality, you're getting it. Review sites online are great for hearing about other peoples' experiences with a particular company. You could also ask friends and family if they know anyone who's had an experience with a car transportation company. If you're a member of a classic car club, there will be sure to be someone with some experience.
Choosing a classic car transportation company should not be done without thought. For most classic car owners, the thought of something bad happening to their car is enough to send chills down their spine. By making sure you follow the three tips above, you are more likely to find a car transportation company that you can trust to deliver your vehicle safely.
Here are the main questions that you need to ask and get answers for
- Is this the right type of transport for your vehicle? This is a question that you want to ask and answer because enclosed transport is not the right option for all vehicles. The people that use this service are the ones that have an exotic or classic car that they want to protect.
If you have a regular everyday vehicle, then open car transport will be your best solution. The enclosed transport ensure that your unique automobile will not be damaged.
- What is this going to cost you? The cost for this type of transport service will be a little more expensive, but for many people, it will be worth the extra money. You can get free quotes from different companies to help you find the answer to this.
You can also contact different transport services to ask this question if that is the way you prefer to get the answer.
- Can you trust the transport company with your unique vehicle? When you have a special car, you don't want to trust just anyone with it. So that you know your automobile is safe and well protected, you have to be sure that the company can be trusted.
By doing some research, getting free quotes, asking specific questions about each company and giving yourself time to make your decision, you will know that you are hiring a company that you can trust with your automobile.
- When can you expect to deliver your vehicle to the company and receive it back from them? These are two questions you always want to ask the different transport companies near me. They are the ones that have to answer this because it will depend on the company you choose, the time of year you are going to move your vehicle and other things.
Just be sure you get this question answered before you make your final decision about what company you are going to use.